At Lights4fun, we’re mad about DIY crafts using Christmas lights and we’re always on the hunt for inspirational ideas that are easily achievable and purse-friendly to create! That’s why we’re delighted to have stumbled upon this truly impressive DIY snow globe idea that can be achieved in the tender time of ten minutes…
Christmas Snow Globes
Create your own sparkly DIY snow globe terrariums for your humble abode or to giveaway as a thoughtful Christmas gift. They look absolutely gorgeous on a bare cabinet or shelf, or taking centre stage in the middle of your Christmas table.
When night falls, the Christmas lights give off a warming golden glow through the artificial snow and glass, creating a truly gorgeous winter home accessory. Why not give them a go?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Empty glass vases or apothecary jars
- LED Christmas lights
- Christmas decorations (of your choice) for decoration
- Artificial snow
Which lights should do I use for this project?
We recommend using warm white Christmas lights on clear cable or white cable for a lovely golden glow. If you’re looking to create more than one snow globe light then you may want to opt for plug-in Christmas lights so that you can drape the lights between each vase, otherwise battery operated lights will be fine.
How to create your DIY Christmas snow globes:
1) Firstly, make sure your glass vase or jar is squeaky clean and free of any dirt. Begin filling the vase with artificial snow; about two thirds of the way up.
2) Pop your Christmas lights into the jar and cover with more snow.
3) Arrange some Christmas decorations on top of the snow to create a lovely scene.
4) Finish off by draping some more lights on top of your finished snow scene. Place your personally-crafted snow globe scene on display and enjoy!
Credit: Pink Pistachio