Feast your eyes on this gorgeous and personally handcrafted mason jar fairy light, made using our brand new micro LED copper wire lights. So simple, quick and easy to achieve, this firefly-like delight looks fabulous all round the home and is ideal for brightening up any lonely-looking nook and cranny.
What’s more, the lights and materials used for this little DIY project are incredibly purse-friendly; you can pick up a metre of hessian material for as little as £1 from your local crafts shop, which can be used to create plenty of mason jar lights, not just one! They’re also a brilliant idea for weddings too.
What you’ll need to create your own copper wire mason jar light:
- Micro LED copper wire lights (or any other battery operated fairy lights)
- Mason jar
- Brown string
- Hessian (a square big enough to cover the top of your mason jar)
How to create your mason jar light:
1) Pop your lights into an empty mason jar – make sure the jar is clean and free of smudges for a pristine looking decoration. Arrange your lights so that they properly fill the jar, keeping the battery box and a little extra wire outside of it.
2) Next, cut out a square of hessian big enough to cover the lip of the jam jar. Cup the hessian over the jar and secure tightly with brown string. Tie the string in a bow for a neat finish.
3) Finally, switch your lights on and place your personally hand-crafted mason jar light wherever takes your fancy! Tuck the battery box behind an ornament or leave it behind the mason jar.
You don’t have to create just one; consider making a few of these fab lights that you can dot around the home or bundle them together for a spectacular table centrepiece. After all, it’s the perfect way to revamp any old jam jars you’ve got lying around.