Christmas Biscuit Recipe
Written by: Marketing Team
Christmas is all about coming together and sharing in the magical moments of the season – big or small. It’s also all about the food! So with that in mind, we wanted to share one of our team’s favourite recipes for Christmas gingerbread biscuits. Easy, delicious, and something that the whole family can get involved in this winter.
- 360g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 130g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 medium egg
1. Sift together the dry ingredients, combining the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon
and ground ginger into a large bowl.
2. Add the butter and mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs,
then add the sugar.
3. Beat the egg and golden syrup together and add to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix with a wooden spoon until all clumped together – either a great arm workout for one,
or a chance to all take turns!
5. Knead the dough briefly by hand, wrap in cling film, and pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180C, and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof
7. Take the chilled dough from the fridge and use a rolling pin to roll out to around half a
centimetre in thickness.
8. Use biscuit cutters to cut out your Christmas shapes, and transfer to the baking trays.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool for 15 minutes and then transfer to a
wire rack until fully cooled.
10. Decorate, and enjoy!
For a lovely homemade gifting idea, tie stacks of biscuits together with festive string or
ribbon and give a bundle to each visitor over Christmastime.
Hi, I’m Lucy – I love interior styling, decorating for all seasons, and creating magical moments with fairy lights. I’ll be showing you how easy it is to set the scene and elevate a space using decorative lighting and beautiful, unique seasonal pieces.